National Quality Standards
Chatterbox Early Learning & Child Care is a small group of family owned and operated Centres in Brisbane.
Chatterbox has been providing quality education and care for families for over 25 years and is committed to continuous improvement in both facilities and service.
The Centres are licensed by the Office of Early Childhood and operate under the guidelines of the National Quality Framework (NQF). Our Centre is also guided by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) which monitors the application of the Education and Care Services National law across services throughout the country.
The National Quality Standard (NQS) is a key aspect of the NQF and sets a national benchmark for early childhood education and care, each Centre undergoes Assessment and Rating against the NQS.
The seven quality areas covered by the National Quality Standard are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
There are five rating levels within the national quality rating and assessment process:
- Excellent rating – awarded by ACECQA
- Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Meeting National Quality Standard
- Working Towards National Quality Standard
- Significant Improvement Required
All three of our Chatterbox centres have undergone the process of Assessment and Rating and have achieved an overall rating of Exceeding the National Quality Standards.